A Squirrel, Peanut Butter, and Zen
A short time passed and I saw him leaving his limb as someone tossed a jar of peanut butter from their car (hopefully, for him). Squirrel was quite happy pulling this delightful gift from heaven up into the tree nook where he thoroughly enjoyed the chunky morsels, reaching into the jar to scrape up the last delicious remnants. Then, like a gentleman, returning it exactly where the treat was found.
Chill, Zen Out! Life is too short to spend it in planning and execution mode all the time. Hit the snooze button, gently stretch, breathe deeply, and inhale some excitement for the new day. Literally (or figuratively) salute it with an optimistic nod. Remember, that for the most part, we orchestrate our day and create our own positive or negative times.
Consider a new and relaxed routine in the evening.
- Open your front door, perchance it is nice outside, warm enough to sit on the porch or a camp chair in your yard.
- Imbibe in a pleasant drink of your choice!
- Light a candle (or have a campfire).
- Try a music app and discover the vast musical options. We use Spotify and listen to all manner of nature music, coffee shop tunes, energizing music.
- Breathe in, Breathe out – it really works for your stress levels … seriously!
- Too strange for the above? Then, have a nice conversation with a friend or family member.
- Chuckle at the antics of a squirrel!!! :)
- Do what speaks peace to you, at least on occasion, this is vital to your soul.
|The jar of peanut butter, neatly place on the sidewalk by squirrel|